Key Accounts Manager (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Responsible for representing Steffes in the promotion and sales of Steffes products.. Responsible for maintaining a factory representative image in this designated market region.
Primary Job Functions
1. Establish contact with existing accounts and understand and grow their product business with Steffes.
2. Work with new customers to establish relationship and increased business for Steffes.
3. Establish appropriate field management in sales territory.
4. Establish contacts, promote and sell Steffes products and follow up as needed.
5. Maintain customer master files and follow up records.
6. Participate in regional trade shows demonstrating the Steffes product line.
7. Assist in the development of promotional materials.
8. Assist in the development and implementation of marketing program for assigned region.
9. Stay abreast of market trends.
10. Work with engineers regarding new products and/or changes.
11. Responsible for obtaining the knowledge needed to understand the sale, application and use of Steffes products.
12. Responsible for projecting future expenditures for the fiscal budget.
13. Participate in the Steffes product training agenda, as required.
14. Submit updates of activity in area (quotes, sales, etc.) and weekly sales reports.
15. Provide sales projections for assigned region.
16. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you collaborate with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
17. Help the company meet its Quality and Safety objectives.
18. Other duties may also be assigned.
Demonstrates sales ability, relationship building, and account management.
Pays attention to detail, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, seeks self improvement, learns new skills to improve job performance.
Has contact with all levels of colleagues in all areas of the organization.
Ability to lead effectively in a team environment.
This position interacts with all levels of internal staff and customers.
Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of corporate operations.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
5+ years in of outside sales experience
Working knowledge of personal computers and software including word processing and spreadsheets.
Important personal attributes: good telephone etiquette, thorough, patience, well organized, and service oriented.
An acceptable combination of education and experience
This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds
Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed
This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.